Monday, March 23, 2009

Taking a Little Vacation… Kinda…

As I mentioned several weeks ago, I’ve been contemplating what to do with my garter business during the craziness that is approaching in April. I feel like I’ve been going going going for months now, and the idea that things are only going to get worse next month had me more than a little stressed. I know it’s a horrible time to close up my Etsy shop for a month, particularly with wedding season upon us, but ultimately my sanity is more important than missed sales.

While I’ll miss the extra money that my little business brings in, especially as Moving Day (and all the expenses that accompany it) approaches, I feel good about my decision to put my shop “on vacation.” I have a few orders to finish up tonight (plus a garter set for my childhood best friend who’s getting married in several weeks) and then I’m done! If I have any free time in between packing, cleaning, and working overtime over the next month, I’m hoping to work on making a pin cushion caddy…



And maybe some ribbon roses...

And one or two hair fascinators...


And also some ring pillows...



I don't think I have to worry about being bored in April!

2 comments:

Kristina P. said...

It sounds like a smart thing to do.

AndreaLeigh said...

good for you for taking care of yourself!

i can't wait to see what you come up with for fascinators. i love them!