Saturday, March 7, 2009

My First Jog

I've gotten a bit burned out with the cardio machines at the gym, so I suggested to my dear, sweet boyfriend that we start jogging. I've never been much of a jogger or runner ~ in fact, I don't think I've run a mile since sixth grade P.E. But runners always have amazing legs and seem to be in excellent shape, so I figured we should give it a shot.

We have a great mini~park/jogging trail/dog~walking path right near our house, so we really had the perfect spot for our first jog. Plus we've both been missing the great outdoors ~ it's been a bit too cold and snowy to go on any of the hikes in our area, so this was a great opportunity to spend some time outside. After eating a healthy breakfast this morning, we hit the trail. And this is what I learned...

1. When running outdoors in the cold, your nose will start to drip like a leaky faucet. Bring a hanky. Wiping your nose on your sleeve is a bit unsavory and may gross out your jogging partner.


2. Watch your step when running on a dog path! Dog owners aren't always the best about scooping the poo. Perhaps they didn't see the sign?


3. Always wear panties that have elastic on the top. Cute panties like these are perfect for lounging around the house, but they will fall down if you wear them on a run!
4. Be sure to bring along a sweet boyfriend/fiancé/husband to encourage you when you want to quit!

Keep these little pointers in mind, and you too can be a successful outdoor jogger!

1 comments:

Kristina P. said...

I think I'll just stick to our indoor elliptical, in front of my TV. My 10 minutes a week kills me!