Monday, March 16, 2009

Friend Makin' Mondays ~ Q & A

It's time for Friend Makin’ Mondays again! This week, Kasey has tagged us all for a little Q & A.

What is your blogger name?
Heather @ Sugarplum Garters

When is your birthday?
May 17th

How long have you been blogging?
Since December 3, 2008

Who tagged you?
Kasey from All That Is Good

Tell me your five most favorite body parts.
1. My eyes
2. My shoulders
3. My back
4. My feet ~ back in my ballet days, I loved them because my high arches were perfect for pointe
5. My hair

What do you wish most for your birthday?
A weekend getaway at a spa with my sweetie

What color are your nails right now?
They are bare, but my toenails are a pretty pink!

Have you had any depressing thoughts lately?
Not really

What’s your plan for the next month?
To get back into Pilates, to find a new place to live, and to try to stay as stress~free as possible during the madness of April

At what age did you have your first crush?
I’ve been boy~crazy my whole life, but the first crush I can really remember was in second grade ~ his name was J.R. and I thought he was the cutest boy ever!

Have you attended any school reunions?
Yes. Nate and I actually organized our ten~year reunion. The girls who were supposed to plan the event backed out about four months before the date they had set, and we got the whole thing put together in three months. Not an easy feat considering our graduating class had almost five hundred people! (It was very time~consuming, but it turned out really well and I’m proud of the job we did so I have to brag a little!)

Have you ever passed gas in public and pretended like you didn’t smell anything?
Of course! Haven’t we all?!?

Are you a clean freak?
No, but oh how I wish I was…

What era do you wish you were born in?
I think it would have been fun to have been a housewife in the 50’s, so I guess that would have meant being born in the late 30’s or early early 40’s…

Are you a vegetarian?
No ~ I really think I would die without my red meat and chicken (although I do really love Morningstar’s all~veggie Chix patties ~ they taste just like chicken!)

How many pillows do you sleep with at night?
Usually just one, but if my back is bothering me, I’ll sleep on my side with one between my knees

Are you a light sleeper or a heavy sleeper?
I used to be a really light sleeper but living in a house with two noisy 21 year olds changed that really quickly :o) (I love them to death but they can be so loud!)


Do you secretly wear granny panties when your man is not around?
Nope. I’m a bit of a panty snob (working at Victoria’s Secret for six months will do that to you). My panties aren’t always lacy and sexy, but they are always cute!


What is your ultimate dream job?
Full~time mommy and part~time garter/bridal accessory designer


What does your boyfriend do that annoys you the most?
Whenever someone mentions pain that someone else is in (we have several family members dealing with various pain issues), he reminds them of the time he had his tonsils removed and was in so much pain that he wanted his mom to bring him his gun so he could shoot himself. Or if someone complains that they had to work 6+ days in a row, he brings up the fact that he worked for six months straight when he was in Iraq. Drives me batty! But other than that, he’s fairly close to perfect! :o)


What is your dream car?
The red Volvo that Val Kilmer drives at the end of “The Saint.” It’s sporty and fun, and because it’s a Volvo, it’s got to be very safe. (A friend of mine in college was in a car accident in a Volvo and the cops told her parents that if she’d been in any other car, she would have died. I do love my Toyota Camry (it’s the only type of car I’ve ever driven) but after hearing that story, I decided that a Volvo might be a nice car to have.

Do you wake up easily in the morning?
Not so much… I usually hit “snooze” at least four times.


Do you like hairy men?
Nope. My first boyfriend was very hairy, and when that relationship didn’t end well, I kinda got turned off from all hairy men.


How about a man with a goatee?
First boyfriend also had a goatee, so nope.


Which would you prefer: a two-hour spa massage, a two-hour Thai massage, or a two-hour foot massage?
I have no idea what a Thai massage is, and I don’t think I could handle someone touching my feet for two hours (they’re ticklish!), so I think I’d have to go with the two~hour spa massage.


Have you ever wished you had a different name? If so, what name?
Yes. When I was six, I wanted to change my name to Rhonda Snow Leopard. I loved the Beach Boys ~ my favorite song was “Help Me Rhonda” and my family used to love watching the snow leopards at the zoo. I was an odd kid…


What is the most extreme sport you have ever done?
Does zip~lining in Hawaii count? That’s the most “extreme” I’ve ever gotten ~ sports really aren’t my thing.

Do you prefer traveling in Europe or Asia?
I’ve never been to Europe or Asia, but I think I’d prefer Europe. I’ve always wanted to go to Italy and Greece.

What is your favorite food?
Italian!

What is your most embarrassing moment while out on a date?
I’ve been pretty lucky ~ no embarrassing moments on dates that I can recall!


~Heather

11 comments:

Kristina P. said...

Hey, my birthday is May 12th!!

Rhonda said...

Hey...help help me Rhonda is here! hee hee
Your birthday wish sounds great! Good luck on finding a new place to live! Hope you find what you want.

Your future hubby will probably really appreciate that you are a pretty panty snob!

Leah said...

Fun list!

I love Pilates! :)

Xazmin said...

You can take his car, I'll take Val Kilmer! Well at least what he looked like in that movie! Yum!

I really enjoyed you list!

Xazmin

Tanielle said...

AWW... ballet, one of my loves, now my toes are deformed from the pointe shoes. But I SURE DID LOVE IT AND NOW MISS IT SOOO MUCH! Oh well, my kids are worth it!

Fun list, have a great rest of your Monday!

momma said...

great list. i, too, want to live in the 50s.

Rhonda said...

Hey...I've got an award for YOU! Come on over to my place and pick it up! :D

Heidi @ Tayterjaq's Rebels said...

You know, all my life, if there was a Heather around, people would mix up our names. Do you really think Heidi and Heather are similar? I never saw it.
I love the 50's too. Poodle skirts and sock hops, such fun!

Hayleybryn said...

Hi Heather - I loved your list! Don't you feel so much prettier with pretty toes - I know I do! I love a good pedicure!

It sounds like your first boyfriend was a real winner. hahaha.

Have a great night!

XOXO
Jen

Jen @ tatertotsandjello.com said...

Hi Heather! That was me that left the comment above. I was mistakenly signed in on my daughter's account. That little stinker is always on my computer!

XOXO
Jen

Christie in Dallas, TX said...

Rhonda Snow Leopard -- that's greatness! And how great was Val Kilmer in The Saint?! Love the car, love the guy...