Tuesday, December 16, 2008

New Garters on Etsy, a Kitty Slumber Party, and an Antique Store Treasure

I worked like mad yesterday to finish a ton of garters that had been sitting in a basket for at least a week waiting to be embellished, and they are now available in my etsy shop. Please check them out and let me know what you think ~ I am always happy to hear praise and criticism!

I spent the night at my parents' last night so we could get up early and hit the antique stores in Snohomish, and it was so nice to have some snuggle time with my kitty, Jazzy. Not so nice ~ being pounced on in the middle of the night ~ I guess she thought I wanted to play. I now am the proud owner of a lovely kitty scratch right above my lip. It was worth it though ~ there's nothing like snuggling up with a soft, purring kitty. And her sister was entertaining as always ~ I heard an odd sound in the bathroom as I was getting ready for bed, and went in to find Lily sitting on the toilet with the shower curtain wrapped around her body, unrolling all the toilet paper from the roll. At 2 1/2, I would have thought she'd have outgrown such behavior, but I guess she'll always been a kitten at heart.

The antique stores were absolutely freezing today ~ we're having record lows in our area right now ~ so the shopping wasn't as pleasant as usual, but I did find this treasure ~ a Franciscan Tulip Time creamer. My family is a big fan of Franciscan dishware ~ my parents still use the Franciscan Madeira dishes they got as wedding gifts, and I was gifted with my grandma's Franciscan Pebble Beach collection a few years ago. I had never seen this pattern before and I absolutely love it ~ I may have to start collecting it too!



Trying to stay warm,
Heather

0 comments: