Thursday, May 7, 2009

Prayer Request for My Almost~Father~in~Law

Please say a prayer for Nate’s dad, Doug today. He went in for a colonoscopy yesterday, and they found a large mass in his colon. They are doing surgery today to remove the mass and his left colon, and there is some concern that it may be colon cancer. They did a CAT scan last night which showed that his liver is clear of any masses, which is good news, so we are hopeful that whatever this is, it is confined to the colon. Please pray that the surgery goes well and that his recovery is smooth.

{I do want to offer a little explanation as to why I refer to Doug as my almost~father~in~law. Even though Nate and I are not married {yet}, I consider both of his parents to be my family. “My boyfriend’s dad” and “my boyfriend’s mom” just aren’t sufficient terms for me ~ they are both so much more to me than that.}

0 comments: