Friday, May 29, 2009

Gorgeous Granny Square Afghan & a Link to an Amazing Tutorial for Joining Granny Squares

I was doing a little Craftster browsing on my lunch and came across a post sharing this beautiful granny square afghan. I LOVE to crochet and have always loved the look of projects made out of granny squares, but have always been too lazy to attempt making one. You make all your squares, then you have six to eight tails to weave in for EACH square, and you have to sew all the squares together... What a pain in the butt!



Until now! The creator of this gorgeous afghan shared a link she found for joining the squares as you go. The tutorial is by Sarah London Textiles and features step~by~step instructions and pictures. Fabulous! Right now, I'm wishing I hadn't received FOUR orders for garters today so I could spend my weekend making these fun little squares rather than being hunched over the sewing machine. Such is life!

2 comments:

jennykate77 said...

I wish I were a crocheter...because that afghan is GORGEOUS!!! I love the colors used in the one in the picture. So pretty and bright.

Jen said...

I heart granny squares! I made an afghan for my Mom out of them in 6th grade after my English teacher taught me to crochet. It's been a long time since I've made one - the one in your picture is gorgeous.