Friday, February 27, 2009

Fabulous Finds Friday ~ February 27th

It's Friday once again (thank goodness!) and that means it's time for Fabulous Finds Friday! Here they are!

I am notorious horrible about saving glass jars. I have no idea what I'll ever do with them, but I just can't bear to let them go. So they pile up. And pile up. We have a nice collection in our garden window at the moment. And now I've found a use for them! Glass Jar Frames! How cool are these?!?

I ran across this granny square afghan over on Craftster this week. I love granny squares ~ they're fun to make, they're full of color, and they're easy peasy. If only each one didn't leave you with 6+ ends to weave in after the square is complete, I would be a granny square~making fool. (I hate weaving in the ends of my crochet & knit projects!) So how could I be anything but impressed with a granny square afghan that has 320 squares? 320x6 = way too many ends to even consider weaving in! Plus the squares have to all be sewn together! This woman is awesome if only because she tackled this afghan and finished it. And the finished product is amazing!

I have always loved aprons (which is funny because I'm not a big fan of the kitchen), and I ran across some adorable retro aprons on Etsy in Boojiboo's shop. I may just have to treat myself to one! Maybe I can learn to love cooking if I have something cute to wear while I'm doing it! Here are a few of my favorites:



That's it for this week ~ have a great weekend!
~Heather

2 comments:

AndreaLeigh said...

those aprons are so super cute. I love retro looking aprons.

Lor said...

Love that afghan!! The one crochet I ever mastered was the granny square!!