Thursday, February 12, 2009

Idol Judges, What Were You Thinking?!?

Nate and I met in seventh grade choir, and our love for music has not diminished since then. We both continued on with choir all through high school, we have a disc jockey company, we love to set up the karaoke machine and sing for hours (much to the dismay of our neighbors, I’m sure), and one of my favorite things we do together is duet during car rides. Needless to say, music has a place in our lives and our relationship. (We’re even considering getting some sort of matching music note tattoos!) So naturally it follows that we are big American Idol fans. And we were huge fans of Jamar, best friend of Danny and owner of a very interesting cheek piercing and a fantastic voice. He. Is. Amazing. But unfortunately, the judges didn’t seem to think so, and he was cut before the Final 36. If it’s possible, I think I was as shocked as he was when the judges told him it was the end of the road for him on last night’s episode. I usually agree with Simon ~ he’s a bit of a butthead but he does know his stuff. But he and the other judges were way off the mark on this one! I just don’t understand it! They sent home one of the best singers (and one of the most likable contestants) in the competition before America even had a chance to vote! I’m floored! The only explanations I can come up with are that Simon wants to offer him a record deal right now and not wait until the competition is over because he’s such an awesome singer (not likely, but I can hope, right?), or that they’re going to bring him back as a wild card. It just doesn’t make sense!

Still baffled,
Heather

0 comments: