Friday, February 20, 2009

Fabulous Finds Friday ~ February 20th

It's time once again for Fabulous Finds Friday! Without further ado, here they are!

I am notoriously horrible about buying pattern books and never using them (I have a whole shelf full of crochet and knit books that I love to look through but have maybe used twice to make an actual project) so when I ran across this awesome pin cushion pattern in a sewing book at Borders last weekend, it wasn’t too difficult to convince myself that I didn’t need to buy the book because I probably would never make anything from it. But I couldn’t get the adorable little pin cushion out of my head ~ I had to have it! I decided to do a little digging online to see if I could find a similar pattern, and imagine my surprise and delight when I found the exact pattern from the book! (Apparently it was featured in a
Craftzine blog last month and I missed it.) I can’t wait to pick out some adorable fabric and get it made. It will be perfect to use while hand-sewing the bows I use on my garters. No more needles lost in the couch! No more scissors gone missing in a pile of ribbon! Now I just have to find time to make it! Here is the PDF if anyone else would like to make it also ~ if you do, add a comment at the end of this posting with a link so we can all check it out!

While we were out and about during our Valentine’s Day celebration last Saturday, we stopped in at this amazing shop called Fireworks. Apparently, they are only in the Seattle area (in five locations, including one at the airport) but if you ever get a chance to peek inside, please do ~ you won’t be disappointed! They have all sorts of things ~ funky interior decorations, unique jewelry, cute and frilly baby clothes, and more. We ran across this book called If… (Questions for the Game of Life). I think it’s meant to be a conversation starter ~ it asks questions like “If you could, in retrospect, change one thing about your childhood, what would it be?” and “If you could change one thing in the world right now, what would you alter?” It's a great tool to use to get to know your significant other better ~ you might be surprised at some of his responses! It’s also available from Amazon.com.

I was doing a little Etsy browsing this week and found this adorable custom cake topper. I think it's just about the cutest thing ever, and would definitely make for an original and unique top to your wedding cake! It has so much personality! And what a great little accessory for your home after the wedding. You could display it anywhere and enjoy it long after the nuptials are over!


I don’t plan on including a food item every week on Fabulous Finds Friday, but I made a recent yummy discovery that is so amazing, I just have to share it! Laughing Cow Light Swiss Cheese Spreads! They are so delicious, and at 35 calories a wedge (which will cover 8~10 crackers depending on how liberal you are with your spreading), you really can’t go wrong with them. I love to have one with a few crackers before heading to the gym after work ~ they provide that little bit of protein you need to get in a good workout, and they’re a great little snack to help hold you over until dinner! We picked ours up at Costco for around $8.50 for 32 wedges. How’s that for a great deal?!?


Wishing you all a fabulous Friday!
Heather

2 comments:

Amanda@Imperfectly Beautiful said...

YUM...I love the laughing cow wedges! And that cake topper is just too dang cute! You're right...such personality!

~Amanda

AndreaLeigh said...

i love laughing cow! i use it in place of mayo on sandwiches and on toast in the mornings. delish!