Thursday, April 30, 2009

Favorite Thing of the Week ~ Our Bathtub


Up until a few years ago, I was not a “bath” girl. The idea of sitting in my own filth, staring at my naked body, was far from appealing, and I was strictly a shower taker. After one long, stressful day, I must have finally decided to give a bath a try (I don’t remember the exact circumstances) and ever since then, I have L~O~V~E~D baths. A nice warm bath and a Reader’s Digest became a fine way to relax and escape from whatever might have been bothering me at the time.

I had to give up baths a little over a year ago when I moved into a house (or rather a bathroom) that didn’t have a tub. Our old house did have a tub, but it happened to be in the bathroom that was not mine. I don’t know about you, but bathing in someone else’s tub is not my idea of a relaxing, good time. So imagine my excitement when we moved into a new house with a bathtub! (It’s not nearly as fabulous as the clawfoot tub pictured above, but it does the trick.) I took my first bath in it last night and it was wonderful. I didn't stay in for long because the water wasn't quite as warm as I like (I ran out of hot water ~ we live in a very old house with an apparently very old water heater), but it sure was nice to soak for a little bit. And I'm so thrilled to now be able to soak whenever I feel like it! Which is why our bathtub is my favorite thing of the week!

Are you a bath person? If so, do you just relax while you soak, or do you like to read or do some other activity while in the tub?

3 comments:

Jen said...

I'm a bath person and a reader - and having a glass of wine handy is even nicer :-)

AndreaLeigh said...

i love baths but the tubs in our house are freakishly narrow so I don't take them as much anymore.

Anonymous said...

I've had to stop taking baths because I get overheated and then get light-headed and sometimes even pass out. So, baths and hot tubs are out for me.

But, I am able to take pseudo baths now, with my daughter. I get in, my husband hands her over and we spend the next 15 minutes or so getting her clean and singing together. It's mother/daughter time and I love it. That, and it has to be cool enough for her so I don't get overheated.