Friday, April 24, 2009

Fabulous Finds Friday & Friday Confessions ~ April 24th

Welcome to Friday! I'm doing something new this week ~ I'm sharing a few confessions in addition to my fabulous finds. But more about that later... I only have a few fabulous finds this week ~ we’ve been so busy moving (which I am absolutely tired of, to be perfectly honest!) and I haven’t had a lot for fabulous find finding. But here is what I did find and would like to share!

My favorite fabulous find of the week is the Crystal Light On the Go packet. I know these little babies have been around for awhile, but I had never tried and/or purchased them before this week. We picked up a few packets in Vegas to add to the flat of bottled water we purchased, and I am hooked! I bought some Sunday night, and have been adding them to my water bottle all week. Having a little bit of Raspberry Ice or Cherry Pomegranate to spice up my blah water makes it so much easier to get my daily 8 glasses of 8 ounces!



During my Internet wanderings this week, I ran across this adorable little
embroidery pattern for corset sachets. I have always been a big fan of corsets and lingerie in general ~ working at Victoria’s Secret for six months will do that to you ~ and I am now positive that I need a few of these in my drawers to keep everything smelling lovely!

I discovered an A~M~A~Z~I~N~G craft room yesterday ~ it's oh so organized and full of all sorts of fun craft supplies. Who else is jealous?!?



I'm hoping I can talk Dear Boyfriend into helping me make a ribbon rack like the one above... Fingers crossed!

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
This week, I'm joining JennyKate, a new bloggy friend who I absolutely adore, for Friday Confessions, which she hosts on her blog every week. This is a great opportunity to make any confessions that you need to get off your chest or feel might entertain others. Without further ado, here are mine for the week.
  • Somehow I completely spaced out in the shower Wednesday morning and managed to get out without fully rinsing the conditioner out of my hair. The result ~ a nasty, greasy patch in my hair that I tried (unsuccessfully) to hide all day. So embarrassing!

  • I am incredibly anal when it comes to drying my clothes. I am so paranoid that something I love will shrink in the dryer! To be honest, I don’t really even need a dryer as I air~dry everything except my socks and a few knit tops that tend to grow in the wash. But it’s worked out well ~ I have bras and panties from my brief stint at Victoria’s Secret six and a half years ago that are still in like~new condition. Wash that lingerie on the delicate cycle and air~dry it, ladies! If you do, it will last forever!

  • When I'm sewing, I sometimes drop pins on the floor. And if I can't find them after a quick glance at the potential drop area, I sometimes leave them there. Horrible, I know. Especially considering that Dear Almost~Little~Brother~in~Law's feet seem to be a magnet for pins...

That's it for this week ~ we're finishing our move tomorrow and cleaning the old place on Sunday, so I have a feeling I'm going to be a little too busy (and tired!) to blog.

Have a fabulous weekend and enjoy the sun for me!

~Heather

5 comments:

Vivienne @ the V Spot said...

Get a magnet to find the pins and go see Melissa at 320 Sycamore - she did a cute ribbon dispenser/storage box for ribbons.
Have a great weekend!

Kristina P. said...

I always triple check the conditioner out of my hair, after doing that one too many times.

Jen @ tatertotsandjello.com said...

What a fun meme! It was fun to learn more about you! I love the color of that craft room. So cute!!!

Good luck finishing up your move. That is so much work - I am sure you will be happy when it's over!

XOXO
Jen

jennykate77 said...

First of all, the water mixins are a life saver when you're trying to get all your water in for the day! I love the Special K ones. they have an iced tea flavor that is good!

Second, I LOVE that craft room and want it for my very own!

Third, I LOVE your confessions! You sound like my mom w/ the never drying anything. I swear she hang dries/air dries everything!

Good luck w/ the rest of your move this weekend! Hope you get to enjoy at least some of the weekend!

Amanda said...

I hate when there is some conditioner left in my hair too! Looks so bad:) Have a great weekend,

Amanda:)