Friday, April 3, 2009

A Little Background on {Sugarplum} & a New Blog Name!

I thought I’d offer a little background on the “Sugarplum” in my business name and blog title in case anyone is curious. :o) (I know that I always wonder how others came up with their blog or business names!) I danced from the age of four all through high school and college, and for three years in high school, I danced the part of the Sugar Plum Fairy in my studio’s production of “The Nutcracker.” I started using “sugarplum” as part of my email address during my senior year of high school and got in the habit of using it as my username for various logins when I didn’t want to use my name. When I decided to start my business, “sugarplum” seemed like the natural choice for a name. I did consider names that might sound more wedding~related, but in the end, decided that a name that was unique to me and my past was best.

I’ve been contemplating changing the name of my blog for awhile now. When I first started blogging, I thought the majority of my posts would be related to my garter business ~ hence the name “Sugarplum Garters.” But as I’ve become more and more addicted to the wonderful world of blogging, my posts have become far more about me and my life than about garters. So without further ado, here is my blog’s new name ~ Visions of Sugarplums!

I’ve decided to keep “Sugarplum” in my blog’s name for a couple of reasons, the most prevalent being that it will make for an easier transition from my previous name. I am also in the process of expanding my business to include other bridal accessories as well as a line of little girl hair clips and bows that I plan to sell under the name “Sugarplum Cuties.” As I add more to my inventory, I will probably change my business name to “Sugarplum Garters & More” or something similar, and would like my blog title to still tie in somewhat with my business name.

Enough of my rambling! Thank you for reading, and have a wonderful weekend!

~Heather

0 comments: