Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Strawberry Love

I am a berry girl. I'm a big fruit fan in general, but I have a special place in my heart for berries. My favorites are raspberries (when I was learning to walk, my parents used them as a bribe to get me to walk from one to the other) but I love strawberries almost equally as much. The raspberry season was unbearably short this year, but I was able to get my fair share of strawberries ~ I think I went through close to two pounds a week the whole summer and fall. It was a sad day when the last of the good berries were gone from the grocery store and I had to get my fruit intake from bananas and apples alone. (Fortunately, the mandarin season arrived shortly after to see me through.) So imagine my excitement when we came across these gorgeous strawberries at Costco today! Who would have thought we'd find beautiful, delicious, fresh berries in January?!? It's like my birthday and Christmas all rolled up into one!

Off to enjoy my yummy berries,
Heather

0 comments: