Saturday, December 6, 2008

Happy Hour, Trimming the Tree, and More…

Every week, Dear Boyfriend’s close-knit, Italian family gets together for Friday Night Happy Hour. Usually, it’s at his grandpa’s house, and all the family comes to snack on hors d’oeuvres and catch up on the happenings of the week. I think it’s something we all look forward to, and it’s a great way to wind down from a long week at work and gear up for the weekend. I always bring a project to work on as I’m not one to sit idly (DBF says I have a mild case of ADD because of my inability to sit still without working on something), and last night, I made some white and pink bows to adorn some of the garters I’m just finishing up. I’ll have the garters posted on etsy soon!

We’re decorating for Christmas this weekend, and I’m so excited to celebrate our first Christmas together. Christmas is a favorite holiday for me and Dear Boyfriend, which makes it extra special. We did have a bit of a conflict when it came to the tree though ~ I wanted to use the pretty, pre-lighted (but fake) tree I bought two Christmases ago, and DBF (and his younger brother who we live with) had his heart set on a real tree because of how yummy they smell. We finally compromised by deciding to do both ~ we’ll set up my tree today, and get a small, real tree in a few weeks that we can put on a table. Hopefully by waiting to get the tree until closer to Christmas, it will still be alive and kickin’ for our New Year’s Eve party.

I always love bringing out the Christmas decorations ~ it’s like reuniting with old friends you didn’t know you missed until you see them again. My favorites are a simple Nativity scene ornament that has been on my parents’ tree for as long as I can remember and was gifted to me when I finally left the nest, and a dancing Santa who never fails to make me smile as he shakes his hips to “Rockin’ Around the Christmas Tree.”

I hope everyone has a great weekend!

0 comments: