Friday, December 19, 2008

2008 Winter Getaway, Day 3 and an Addition to my Christmas Wishlist

Day 3 of our mini~vacation has been quiet and relaxing. We did a little window shopping this morning and had yummy chicken teriyaki for lunch at the mall, followed by another two~hour nap in our room. I gotta say ~ naps are the BEST! We're getting ready for an evening of dinner and dancing with a friend of Nate's who lives here ~ crazy story: he's a non-U.S. citizen who came up for a day trip years ago and hasn't been allowed back in the States since. He's hired lawyers and even gotten married in an attempt to gain admission back into the U.S. with no luck. It sounds like he's a cool guy and I can't even imagine how heart-breaking it would be to be kept away from your family and home.

So I know it's a little late in the game to be adding to my Christmas Wishlist (and this is an absolutely ridiculous addition because I know they are sold out) but I really want a Wii. With MarioKart and We Cheer. I read about We Cheer in Women's Health a few days ago, and I've decided that I definitely need it. It's supposed to be a pretty good workout ~ you use the controllers as pom poms ~ although they do have special Wii pom poms available for purchase ~ and can get your whole body into it depending on which cheers you choreograph. Plus you get to be the captain of your own squad and you can design your own uniforms. I cheered for wrestling in high school and I L-O-V-E loved it so I'm sure I would love the game too! Dear Boyfriend thinks I'm a little silly (which is a bit like the pot calling the kettle black because he wants a Playstation 3) but I was never allowed to have video games as a child and I think it's high time I did! The Wii Fit sounds like fun too ~ who doesn't want their own computerized personal trainer? Fingers crossed that Santa comes through for me! :o)

Wishing our vacation wasn't so near to its close,
Heather

0 comments: