Monday, August 31, 2009

Friend Makin' Monday ~ 20 Questions


I'm still having a bit of a bloggy brain fart, but had no problem answering the questions posed by Amber for this week's FMM! So without further ado...
{Please pardon the spacing on some of my questions ~ Blogger is being stupid and I can't seem to fix it!}

1. Do you cook every night?
Oh this is funny. I don’t cook at all. I am fortunate to live with a fabulous cook who doesn’t mind making dinner every night as long as I do the dishes. Works out pretty well for me ~ I get to eat delicious Italian cuisine almost every night and only have to spend a minimal amount of time in the kitchen.

2. What kind of laundry detergent do you use & why?
Tide powder for our regular laundry, probably because it’s what my mom used, and Woolite for the delicates, again because it’s what my mom always bought.

3. Do you do laundry every day or loads at a time?
Loads at a time. Usually two or three, depending on how ambitious I feel.

4. How often do you eat out per week?
Too much. Usually two or three times at least.

5. Where do you usually eat out?
Jack in the Box, any number of the yummy teriyaki restaurants in our area, Applebee’s, Olive Garden

6. What is your favorite retail store?
The Limited & Express

7. What’s your favorite thing to drink?
Cranberry-Pomegranate Crystal Light

8. Do you take vitamins? What kind?
Nate and I just started taking adult gummy vitamins last week!

9. What percentage of the household chores to you do?
I do all of the chores except for the cooking and the garbage (most of the time). It probably ends up being about 50-50 when you consider the time that Nate spends cooking vs. the time I spend doing everything else.

10. Do your children do chores? {Or will they, did they, etc}
No kids yet, but when I have them, they will do chores!

11. Do you go to church?
I wish. We haven’t been able to find a place we both like, but I am hopeful that we will eventually.
12. Do you have a housework schedule?
Nope.

13. Do you keep a working budget?
Not really, but every payday, I divide up my paycheck to various accounts {as a bank employee, I have accounts for everything ~ bills, my student loan payments, savings, gifts, wedding fund} ~ whatever is left over when that is done is what I have to spend on food and other extras for that pay period.
14. What do you do at night as a family?
We eat dinner together every night, watch TV or a movie, take Argentine tango classes, visit other family, and walk Daisy

15. How do you prepare yourself for a new week?
Nothing really, just enjoy the weekend as much as I can.

16. What do your mornings look like?
Nothing too crazy ~ I get up between 6:05 and 6:10, take Daisy potty if she looks like she needs to go, get in the shower, do my hair and makeup, get dressed, brush my teeth, and head out the door so I’m at work by 7ish. {I’m very lucky ~ work is less than two miles from home.}
17. What time do you get up in the mornings?
The alarm goes off at 5:45 but I usually hit “snooze” until 6:05 or 6:10.

18. What time do you go to bed at night?
11ish

19. How do you manage all of the paperwork that floods into your household? {bills, school work, magazines, ads, etc}
I put the bills to be paid in a divider that we keep on the counter and try to recycle everything else as quickly as I can to cut down on the clutter.

20. How do you keep your household organized? {calendars, charts, etc}
I’m pretty good at keeping track of everything in my head. Although that will probably change once we add kids to the mix.

Happy FMM!

3 comments:

Jen @ tatertotsandjello.com said...

Hi Heather! How is your puppy?? I bet she is so much fun!

I loved reading your answers! You are lucky to have a man who loves to cook!

XOXO
Jen

Amanda said...

A man who cooks Wow, where di you manage to find him? LOL! Enjoyed reading your answers. Have a good day!

Kathy Campbell said...

Hurray for cooking men! And I bet the different accounts at the bank make a huge difference! Good call there!