Tuesday, March 17, 2009

My First Award!

Rhonda at Down Memory Lane , who I have gotten to know through Kasey’s Friend Makin’ Mondays has passed along the Honest Scrap Award to me! I’m so excited and honored ~ this is my first award! The requirements are that I share ten things about myself and then pass on the award to other bloggers I would like to get to know better.


So here are my ten things!


1. I love love love having everything (particularly my garter supplies) organized. I am not, however, fabulous at keeping things organized. I can get lazy about putting things back where they belong after I use them (especially if it’s late and I’m tired), and I am horrible about organizing supplies after I’ve purchased them ~ I bet I have no less than four bags full of supplies from JoAnn’s sitting in my craft room at the moment, just waiting to be put away. I’m my own little oxymoron ~ someone who loves to have things organized but is awful at keeping them that way!

2. I am a certified carb junkie. I love pasta, bread, crackers, and pretty much any other carb that is totally unhealthy and guaranteed to go straight to my tush.



3. My biggest pet peeve is dirty dishes left in the sink. In my experience, the person who leaves the dishes in the sink usually has no intention of putting them in the dishwasher, and I hate having to clean up someone else’s stanky dishes!



4. I sometimes regret my decision to get my MBA. I have a lot of student loan debt and don’t know that I learned a lot during graduate school… I chose to go to the University of Phoenix Online, which was the best choice at the time because the program was designed for students who were working full~time, but it was so intensive and most of the stuff I learned fell out of my head as soon as the class was over. Plus I’m not sure that Accounting is really the right field for me, but it’s hard to venture out into another field after spending so much time and money getting my degree for this one.

5. I am secretly a drama queen. I thrive on drama. I think that explains why I stayed in a bad relationship for so long ~ the drama kept things interesting and exciting. (But I am happy to report that I love being in a stable, relatively drama~free relationship ~ it was worth giving up the drama to get rid of all the stress and heartache that accompanies relationship drama.)


6. My favorite meal is grilled chicken and rice covered with a white sauce from the Betty Crocker Cookbook. We add corn to the sauce and it is to die for. Without a doubt, the best comfort food of all time! Here is the recipe for the white sauce if anyone wants it ~ it would taste amazing on just about anything!

Ingredients:
1 tablespoon of margarine
2 tablespoons of all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon of salt
1/8 teaspoon of pepper
1 cup skim milk

Heat margarine in 1 1/2 qt. nonstick saucepan over low heat. Stir in flour, salt and pepper. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly until margarine is absorbed; remove from heat. Gradually stir in milk. Heat to boiling, stirring constantly. Boil and stir 1 minute. Makes about 1 cup.

Be careful not to turn your back on the sauce ~ it will burn so quickly and is a nightmare to get off the bottom of your pans! (I speak from experience!)

7. More than anything, I want Nate and I to start going to church together. But he grew up Catholic and I was raised Baptist, and I’m scared we won’t ever be able to find a church we will both like and will be able to call our church home.

8. I love all things pink. Pink has been my favorite color since I was little ~ my bedroom walls were even painted pink. When we get married, my wedding colors will of course be pink and green (I love the two together!) despite the fact that my best friend has red hair ~ she has kindly offered to wear my favorite color even though there are many others that would complement her hair much better. (She truly is the best friend ever!)




9. I am a big fan of both the Harry Potter and the Twilight series. I listen to audiobooks on my Ipod at work, and am almost always listening to a Harry Potter or Twilight book. I have probably listened to all of the Harry Potter books 20-25 times ~ I just can’t get enough of them!




10. I was a wrestling cheerleader in high school. It was so much fun, and I have so many great memories from the three wrestling seasons I cheered for.

I would like to pass this award along to the following people who I would like to get to know better:

Megan @ Little Bella Bean

Amanda @ Ups-A-Daisy

Kristina P. @ Pupsipher Predilections

Amanda @ Imperfectly Beautiful

~Heather

4 comments:

Kristina P. said...

Heather, you are so sweet! I have to be honest, in that I almost never do tags. But I may surprised you one day.

And that's interesting about regretting the MBA. You don't really hear a lot of people talk about regretting schooling, but for me, going into debt is a huge factor in not going back.

Amanda@Imperfectly Beautiful said...

Heather, thank you so much for the sweet award. It was really fun to read this and get to know you a little better!

~Amanda

Amanda said...

Heather,
Thanks for the award. I was so pleasantly surprised when I got on line this morning! I loved that you admitted to being a drama queen. What's life without a little drama? Thanks again:)

AndreaLeigh said...

i totally agree with #1 and #5!