Saturday, August 15, 2009

Getting My Butt Back in Gear

For reasons that as yet remain unknown to me, I have completely fallen off the healthy living wagon over the past few months. I have had little to no desire to work out or attempt to eat healthy, despite the moans and groans I make every time I walk past a mirror in my underwear and see that my butt has not gotten any smaller and my thighs have gained another dimple or two.

I did get back to Pilates this week and started eating salads again for lunch, but my attempt to reestablish a healthier lifestyle has been less than wholehearted. But I am pleased to announce that that is all about to change! Nate’s brother, Johnny, and his fiancĂ© are getting married in four short weeks from today, and I am determined to lose five pounds and tone up by then. Weddings have been particularly hard for me lately, probably because of my strong desire to have one of my own, and I’m anticipating that this one will be no different, especially considering that Johnny’s bride shares my first name and thus will be claiming my {potential} married name before I can. Don’t get me wrong, I love them both and am excited to participate in their upcoming nuptials, but I am not afraid to admit that jealousy is one of my faults. But I think that the day will be so much more enjoyable for me if I look and feel fabulous, and one way of ensuring that that happens is to get my butt back in gear!

No more random snacking, no more delicious, fatty poppyseed dressing on every salad {let’s be honest ~ adding fatty dressing to your salad kinda defeats the whole purpose of the salad regardless of how yummy it is}, and no more lazy nights on the couch. I have four weeks to get some definite results and I am not going to disappoint myself!

5 comments:

J.J. said...

You can so get rid of those 5 lbs by they!!!!! Looking forward to hearing that you DID IT!

I don't eat salads really for that reason....I agree it defeats the purpose. I would rather use the those calories on something else I crave. :)

Katie said...

I am queen of falling off the bandwagon. The worst part is that I did finally lose the five pounds I set as my first goal. So what do I do to celebrate let loose over our trip to Grand Haven. Then we came back and I saw the pictures of me from the side in my suit and the scale after indulging! Geez why is it so easy to gain and so hard to loose?

Kathy Campbell said...

I hear you there.

And you should put the dressing on the side and dip your fork in it...that way you can still get the YUMMY taste without as many calories. It will make you enjoy the salad so much more!

Kenlie said...

Good idea Mrs. Soup. I just remind myself that what I'm tasting doesn't taste as good as victory when I see the results I want to see. It works for me. :)

Badass Geek said...

The eating right/exercise thing is a rough trip.